Job Openings for Professional Staff
Paralegal – Health Care Practice
Krieg DeVault LLP is seeking an experienced paralegal for its Health Care practice. This position will collaborate with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of transactional experience and preferably general health care regulatory experience and/or medical malpractice experience. Prior experience with hospitals and large physician groups is also preferred. Successful candidates should have strong organizational and written and verbal communications skills.
Notably, while this position will be asked to track their time, all work will be done for just one client. Work will be done on-site at client’s primary service location on the northwest side of Indianapolis, with some flexibility to work from home if desired. “Billable hours” will not be tracked; just timely and excellent client service. Qualified candidates will receive additional training on applicable health care laws and operational concerns.
- Oversee client’s contract management system.
- Updates client’s files with deferral and state agencies.
- In coordination with attorneys at the firm, advise client on issues concerning matters of legal and regulatory issues.
- Investigate compliance concerns that are raised through audits or reporting mechanisms and oversee the implementation of corrective actions and monitoring in response to same.
- Oversee the implementation of training for client and staff that focuses on regulatory issues to ensure compliance with federal healthcare programs.
- Assist with management of peer review and other medical staff matters.
- Review and assess patient liability concerns while contemporaneously developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Review and evaluate potential HIPAA breaches and conduct risk assessments and appropriate reporting; Conduct HIPAA compliance audits of client facilities.
- Oversee scheduling of depositions and witness testimony for client providers.
- Minimum of 5 years of transactional experience
- Advanced organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written skills for contact with attorneys and clients
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and prioritize workflow while managing multiple projects
- Ability to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Computer skills - strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Adobe, and Web navigation
- Paralegal Certificate a plus
EEO Policy: It is the policy of Krieg DeVault LLP that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, U.S. military veteran status, national origin, age, genetic information, family status, or other characteristics protected by law are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
E-Verify: Krieg DeVault LLP participates in the federal government's E-Verify program. With all new hires, we provide the Social Security Administration and, when applicable, the US Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.