Nicholas J. Anderson
Nicholas J. Anderson is an Associate in the firm's Business, Acquisitions & Securities, Tax, and Public and Municipal Finance Practice Groups. He focuses his practice in representing businesses with general corporate, federal tax, and financing matters.
Prior to joining Krieg DeVault, Mr. Anderson was a Tax Associate for Kutak Rock LLP where he focused his practice in broad-based national tax practice involving corporate and partnership tax planning, taxation of financial products, private equity, lease financing, public finance, real estate and exempt organizations. He also has experience in tax credit transactions, including New Markets Tax Credit, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and EB-5 transactions.
- Represented a Community Development Entity (“CDE”) in closing multiple New Markets Tax Credit transactions representing over $100 million of allocated credits.
- Acted as tax credit equity investor’s counsel for Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects, including those subsided with tax-exempt bond financing.
- Represented non-profit entities in matters relating to formation and governance, as well as applying for recognition of federal tax-exempt status.
- Advised on drafting of acquisition documents for numerous transactions to ensure appropriate and respected structures for federal income tax purposes.
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, NY (J.D., 2009)
- Syracuse Science & Technology Law Reporter, Member - Bylaws Committee
- Law Deans Scholarship
- William E. Pelton Fellowship
- Technology Commercialization Research Scholarship
- Admitted Student Visitor Program Guide and Student Mentor for Class of 2010
- University of Denver, Graduate Tax Program, Denver, CO (LL.M. in Taxation, 2010)
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa (B.A. in Communication Studies, 2005)
- Indiana, 2017
- Colorado, 2009
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Denver Area IOWA Club, Past President, Board of Directors