Maggie C. Little
Maggie Little is a member of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group. Maggie advises clients on various state and federal health care compliance issues, as well as accreditation program compliance. Maggie also assists health care entities with structuring transactions to comply with state and federal licensing and certification requirements, fraud and abuse concerns, the Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark, and other regulations unique to the health care industry. Additionally, she assists physicians and other health care practitioners with negotiating employment agreements with health care employers.
- Reviewing and updating various hospital Policies and Procedures for compliance with Medicare Conditions of Participation, Indiana Acute Care Hospital Licensing Rules and Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program Standards.
- Assisting hospital with plan of correction response to a sample validation survey by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Drafting and structuring private offerings for hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Assisting on-site employer health clinic with national compliance policies.
- Reviewing and negotiating health care provider employment agreements.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Indiana Health Law Review, Volume XIII Executive Notes Editor
- Health Law Certificate, 2016
- Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence
- University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana (M.S. in Health Services Administration, 2013)
- University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana (B.S. in Exercise and Sport Science, magna cum laude, 2013)
- Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2016
Awards and Recognitions
- Law Student Pro-Bono Award, Indianapolis Bar Association
- "Yes the FDA Can Make You Say That: Why the FDA's Proposed Nutrition Facts Label Changes Will Withstand First Amendment Challenges from Food Industry Members," 31 Ind. Health Law Rev. 233 (2016)
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, Health Law Section-Council Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member