P: (317) 238-6230
F: (317) 636-1507
One Indiana Square
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2079
Kipper V. Tew
Having worked in the Government Affairs field since 1989, Kip Tew is also actively involved in the political process. Mr. Tew was the state chair of the Barack Obama Presidential campaign in Indiana. He is also the Former Chairman of the Indiana Democratic party.
He has also served as chief legal counsel to then Minority Leader and now Speaker of the House B. Patrick Bauer. He has been an advisor in various statewide campaigns, including Deputy Campaign Manager for Governor Joe Kernan, campaigns for the Secretary of State, the United States Senate, and Governor.
Mr. Tew served as a paid advisor on the campaign staff of Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon, the Marion County Democratic Party for two years, and served as a senior advisor to former Mayor of Indianapolis, Bart Peterson. He began his legal career as counsel to a major agency in state government, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. He later became Manager of Government Affairs at PSI Energy (now Duke Energy, a multi-state electric and gas utility) where he concentrated on all issues relating to utilities, including environmental issues.
- Helped coordinate passage of comprehensive overhaul to Indiana's tax law
- Worked with clients to protect market share in the gaming industry
- Assisted two major elected official associations with pay and benefit increases during trying economic times
- Worked with client to develop comprehensive multi year strategy to gain passage of legislation that allowed for an expansion of client's business
- Helped client secure favorable tax treatment from the Indiana General Assembly with respect to potential unfair tax
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, Indiana (J.D., 1989)
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana (B.S., 1984)
- Indiana, 1989
- Indianapolis City-County Councilor
- Fathers and Families Center (current Chairman)
- Government Affairs Society of Indiana (Member)
- Marion County Recreational Facilities, 2000 - 2008 (Secretary Treasurer)
- Greater Indianapolis Progress Committee, 2000 - 2008 (Member)
- State Office Building Commission, 1999 - 2004 (Member)
- Kurt Vonnegut Memorial Library, 2009 - present (Board of Directors)