Kay Dee Baird is a member of the firm's Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group. Ms. Baird advises clients who are involved in creditor/debtor disputes, and often participates in bankruptcy proceedings, foreclosure proceedings, and other collection matters. Ms. Baird primarily works with creditors, however, she advises both individual and institutional creditors. In the area of litigation, Ms. Baird assists clients in various types of civil litigation depending on the needs of the particular client. Ms. Baird's litigation experience ranges from small litigation matters to class action litigation. Ms. Baird has assisted a wide array of clients in such litigation, including individuals, institutional clients, and nationally known corporations. In addition to work in Creditors' Rights and Litigation, Ms. Baird also has experience in transactions involving commercial law.
Ms. Baird has a vast array of employment experience which helps her understand the needs of her clients. Ms. Baird's experience ranges from working for a small family owned business to working for large national corporations. Ms. Baird's experience as a law clerk in the civil court arena also helps her assist clients. Also, Ms. Baird gained significant experience while working as a Summer Associate with Krieg DeVault in the Summer of 2008.
- Assisted in the representation of various regional banking institutions, corporations, and individuals in order to help resolve creditor/debtor disputes in state court as well as bankruptcy court;
- Assisted in the representation of regional banking institutions in litigation brought against such institutions (including class action litigation);
- Assisted in the representation of clients in commercial transactions governed by the Indiana Uniform Commercial Code;
- Assisted in the representation of a national corporation in CERCLA litigation; and
- Assisted in the representation of a PRP Group as the Trustee at a CERCLA site.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, Indiana (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana (B.S. in Accounting and Finance, High Distinction, 2006)
- Kelley School of Business
- Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2009
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section, Executive Committee (Program Chair)
- Sagamore Inn of Court (Member)
- Indianapolis Bar Association (Member)
- Indiana State Bar Association (Member)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (Member)
Awards and Recognitions
- Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2016-2017
- Order of the Barristers, Robert H. Staton Intramural Moot Court Competition, Indiana University School of Law - Indianapolis
Seminars and Presentations
- "Significant Decisions in Recent Ponzi Scheme Cases," Leonard H. Opperman Chapter 11 Roundtable, 2014
- "Applicability of the Absolute Priority Rule to Individual Chapter 11 Debtors," Leonard H. Opperman Chapter 11 Roundtable, 2012