Andrew C. Walker
Andrew C. Walker is an Associate in the firm's Health Care Practice Group, where he focuses on providing regulatory guidance to a variety of health care provider types. Mr. Walker has significant experience in health system transactions, state/federal regulatory compliance, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement issues, Medicare provider enrollment, pharmacy operation/340B Drug Pricing Program participation, and operational improvement.
Prior to joining Krieg DeVault, Mr. Walker worked for Murer Consultants, Inc. as a Senior Health Care Attorney, where he provided regulatory compliance and operational improvement analysis to national health care provider clients. He also worked as Legal Counsel for an environmental services firm implementing operational and compliance programs in response to changes in state and federal regulations affecting the environmental services industry.
- Manage development of new 130-bed acute care facility, including completion of state certficate of need, facility licensure, Medicare certification, and accrediation processes
- Assist eligible providers in initial implmentation, expansion, and compliance with the 340B Drug Pricing Program
- Develop hospital-owned retail pharmacy network with multi-campus health system
- Manage hospital client acquisition of existing independent oncology practice and complete conversion of practice to provider-based hospital outpatient department, including licensure, pharmacy, and Medicare/Medicaid certification concerns
- Complete extensive Medicare/Medicaid provider enrollment initiative for large health system client undergoing change of ownership
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana (J.D.)
- Heritage Academic Award Scholarship
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois (B.A., with honors)
- Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honors Fraternity