Krieg DeVault is committed to acknowledging, understanding, and implementing Diversity Initiatives to establish Krieg DeVault as an employer of choice, a leader in high quality legal services, and a partner with its diversely dynamic clients and community. We believe that the talents and viewpoints of a diverse legal team create the fulfilling professional environment that has brought us consistent recognition as one of the best places to work in our home State of Indiana. At Krieg DeVault, diversity is part of our long-term strategy – not a short-term program.
Recruiting and Retention
Krieg DeVault believes that diversity in our workplace brings out the best in people. When experiences, ideas, and knowledge are gleaned from varying perspectives, effective solutions to the practical, business, and legal issues our clients face can be achieved. Commitment to diversity means we actively seek to attract and retain talented professionals whose collective efforts not only enhance the services we provide, but also ensure the continued success and viability our Firm has enjoyed for decades. Krieg DeVault is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a disabled veteran or other veteran or military status, or other status protected by law. As the facets of our community, clients, and Firm change, we are keenly aware that a proactive approach, including leveraging the advantages of a diverse workforce, helps us keep pace with and meet the challenges of today and the future. Examples of Krieg DeVault’s commitment to enhance diversity initiatives in its recruiting and retention efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in regional minority job fairs, including the Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair (Krieg DeVault was instrumental in the creation of the IBA DJF), and the Cook County Minority Law Student Job Fair.
- Hosting Black Law Student Association (BLSA) Mixers at Krieg DeVault’s downtown office.
- Creation of an apprenticeship program for incoming associates to provide training opportunities for new associates.
- Partnering with clients to provide monetary scholarships to diverse law students.
- Offering flexible work arrangements.
The Firm's Diversity Committee is committed to maintaining an inclusive firm culture that embraces and advances a diverse workforce reflecting our clients and communities. The basic goals that define how we practice law – effective solutions, personal relationships, global perspectives – are better reached when the diverse strengths of our workforce reflect the broadest possible perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
Evidencing our commitment in the community, Krieg DeVault has been recognized for the following awards:
- Krieg DeVault received recognition from the Indiana Chamber of Commerce as “One of the Best Places to Work in Indiana.” The firm has received this yearly honor seven times, most recently in 2013. The firm was named one of the Top Ten workplaces among small and medium-sized organizations, the highest ranking for any law firm in the state. Best of all, our high standing comes from comprehensive surveys made of those who work in our firm, reflecting their evaluation that we have built a productive environment in which everyone feels valued.
- Krieg DeVault received the Rabb Emison Award from the Indiana State Bar Association Committee for racial diversity in the legal profession. The award honors an individual and an organization demonstrating a commitment to promoting diversity and equality in the legal profession and in the membership of the Indiana State Bar Association.
- Krieg DeVault received the “Diversity in Practice” award from the Indiana Lawyer for the firm’s continuing efforts to strengthen and promote diversity.
Krieg DeVault Diversity Committee